Friday, March 28, 2008

Bad News

While enjoying a lovely girls' day out with my friend, Bethany today, I got one of those phone calls that no one likes to get. Sadly, it was one of those where someone has died. This time though, it was 2 very tiny someones. My little sister, Caryn was pregnant with her first child. She began spotting last night, went straight to the doctor's office first thing this morning, only to find out that not only had her pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, BUT that in fact, she was carrying twins. I'm so devastated for her. And even more frustrating for me is that Caryn and Ken are in San Antonio, TX and the rest of our big family is here in St. Louis, MO. We feel so helpless and want to be there to hug her and be physically there, you know? I'm so glad we were able to see her and Ken just two weeks ago, and that we got to love on them both a whole lot. And I can only hope that all the laughter and hugs we left them will help them not feel so lonely while they sort this out. But, it just totally and completely sucks beyond ALL recognition.

No comments: