Saturday, August 26, 2006

She's HERE!


On Tuesday, August 22nd, my baby sister, Megan and her fiance' Patrick welcomed their daughter, Haley Jane into the world. She is just precious. Cutest little dimple on her chin and very alert. She was 7 pounds and 11 ounces. Just beautiful.

It stirred emotions in me that I was NOT prepared for. Dave and I have decided our family of four was perfect the way it was and we took precautions to keep it that size. Well, being at the hospital just plain made me sad and long for that feeling of a newborn experience. Even though I know we made the right decision, the feeling blind-sided me. I'm recovering though and will get lots of time with Haley when Megan goes back to work. I'm the only sister at home during the day. And my SIL, Shannon is expecting in January. I know I'll be busy with nieces and nephews!

No comments: