Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Day 2 without kids

So, it's been alright since my kids left to spend a week with Gma and Gpa. But it TOO quiet and I'm lonely. And I miss them! But it's been nice at the same time too. Dave and I walked Sunday and Monday nights. Tonight we were able to go up to the mall for Dave to find some pants for his new job, in a smaller size (way to go honey!). And we visited Trader Joe's for the first time where I discovered dark chocolate covered cherries. OMG! Delish! Tomorrow and Thursday nights we have dinner plans with two different couples. Which will be a blast too. Then on Friday morning, we'll head to Indy to see our kids and the in-law and the great grandparents too!

Today the weather was incredible! High 70's! I wore bermuda shorts. Not sure how I feel about how I look in them, but my friend Bethany assures me they looked fine and that my butt looked cute. I guess the most important thing was that they are a size smaller than what I had to wear last year. Last month for that matter. Although I have to say, eating healthier has its good side, but I am definitely going to be excited to eat a slice of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake tomorrow night! Lemon-Raspberry!
Bring it on!

Also today Bethany and I hung out. We ate lunch here at my house. I made a quite tasty chicken salad. Simply put, I cooked some tenderloins (the frozen ones from cosco) in the crock pot with minced onion, pepper, and chicken broth. After it was cooked, I shredded it, added some chopped red grapes, chopped celery, chopped walnuts and some mayo. Light on the mayo, cuz I don't prefer slimy salad. We served it up on little whole wheat pita bread. Nothing to go along with it, and it was fine. Quite happy with how it turned out. Then we ran a few errands together and came home to watch a movie. We watched, The Holiday, with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black. Very charming movie! I really liked it! It's long, but I highly recommend it for a nice romantic movie with some laughs too.

Anyhow, I'm off to watch American Idol. Tomorrow is Bible study and lunch with my dear friend Lisa. Haven't seen her face to face for quite a while. Looking forward to it!

Ta Ta For Now!

No comments: