Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Houston, we have strep!

So, to the best of my memory, we have our very first case of strep throat. My 6yo was running a fever when Dave and I got back into town from our weekend away. She was runnng about 102.7, so I kept her home from school yesterday and took her in to see our family doc. Doc says, throat isn't even red, fever was down, but she'd do a strep test anyhow. She came back into the room and said, "well, I lost the bet, cuz she's got strep". She said she never would've suspected it because of the symptoms not matching up.

Other than that, we are just waiting for the weekend. I know, it's only Tuesday. But on Thursday, Dave meets with his small group from church to tell them of our decision to leave this particular church. Then on Friday, Lord willing, he'll be giving his notice at work and, Lord willing, will have signed with a new company. Then LORD WILLING, our lives will once again not revolve around CRAP! We are so ready to just be done with these two overwhelming issues. Ready to be excited about going to church and for Dave to not dread going to work. We need some changes or we'll lose our minds.

Anyhoo. Hey, I've posted 2 days in a row! That's a record, I think!

Tonight we have parent/teacher conferences with Hannah's kindergarten teacher. Since she is home sick today, I sent her an email asking if there was anything she'd like me to have Hannah work on. And her teacher replied, that Hannah is so far ahead of the game, that she could do whatever she liked. You know what? She is a smart little girl. We are so proud of her!

I also got Spencer registered for Mom's Day Out for next year. He is excited. He loves school this year and is already excited about being in the monkey class next year. It will be a big class, but there are three teachers and they have a blast! He only goes 2 days a week, but it's so fun.

Idol's on tonight too! Woohoo! The guys are alright, I like Blake and Chris Sligh for the guys. The gals, I am all about Melinda Doolittle! She is my absolute favorite. And if Annotella Barbra doesn't get her hind end voted off this week, I'm gonna pitch a fit! She's is awful and people need to not vote for her to keep her around to make a fool of herself! Seriously!

No comments: