Monday, October 08, 2007

Camping is not for wimps.

So my mom tells me today while we were shopping, "It's funny that you will catch frogs, hold snakes, and shoot guns, but you don't like camping." I laughed. It sounds weird, doesn't it? It's not exactly that I don't like camping. It's just that for starters, it's a lot of work! I have to spend much more time preparing, setting up, and taking down, that if I "camped" in a hotel. Secondly, it was HOT! It was miserable August weather hot in OCTOBER! Thirdly, our lovely Town and Country, that has been a pill since we purchased it 2 years ago, was a super pill this weekend in the middle of nowhere. So, I wouldn't exactly say that I don't enjoy camping, tho give me a snake over spiders and ticks any ol' day, but I didn't necessarily enjoy this camping trip... not all of it anyhow.

Now that we're home, I did run around like a chicken with my head cut off today. I scored some area rugs at Old Time Pottery today... four of them, to the tune of $16 bucks! Can you beat that? I got 3 for my kitchen, on at the back door, for Belle to get dirty, instead of my floor, and one in front of the sink and the oven, where I frequently stand. The fourth is in the entry way. All of them nice looking and CHEAP! So if they get destroyed in the wash or whatnot, I'm only out 16 bucks.

Then I grabbed a check from the consignment shop for nearly $30 bucks, which was cool. I used my 50% Michaels coupon on nothing exciting (blade refills for my paper cutter). Woohoo. I know, boring, but you can't NOT use a 50% coupon. :)

Now I have to run a package to the post office. And decide what to make for dinner that is easy and not too unhealthy. Is that possible? :)

Tomorrow I have only one kid instead of 2. Spencer has mom's day out again. So maybe tomorrow will be less crazy, I hope.
On the upside... STAMP CLASS IS TOMORROW at my pal Lisa's. She's got 2 weeks in a row of classes. Yeah for me! :)

No comments: