Sunday, June 03, 2007

Greg's funeral

Today was Greg's funeral. I'm amazed how God supplies the strength for families to get through these times. Berkley was ever so composed, as were Tanner and Hanna. She spoke so sweetly of Greg, she was even able to sing "Amazing Grace" at his grave side service. I don't know how she did it, except that God gave her the strength. We felt that strength once, then we came home from Indiana after Jeremy's funeral and the avalanche hit us like a ton of bricks. My prayer is to be here for Berkley when that avalanche hits her. After all the people stop coming by, after the shock settles in, it sucks. That's when the pain seems to settle in. The reality hits. The alone-ness sinks in. I cannot imagine what would happen to me if I lost Dave. I'd fall apart pretty bad, I am certain of it. I pray I never have to find out.

Sissy woke up and threw up this morning. Thankfully she improved after the day went on. I'm so glad. I also, on the other hand seem to have pink eye again. Unbelievable! SO what little I was home today, I spent cleaning my kitchen with Lysol. I mean I washed down everything! Still have the floor to do, and the microwave, but all the cabinet pulls and appliances are washed down really good. Dave tackled the bathrooms for me. .... SEE how blessed I am by him? I managed to change out our sheets, have to do the kids still. Ah well, tomorrow's another day. Yeah, another day to call the doctor about another round of pink eye! GRRRR! We even threw open the windows, and turned on the attic fan to blow out any germs in the house. Wish we could get this out of our system. The weather is far too nice to feel this crummy over and over again.

I was fortunate enough to make it to church back at Grace today. So thankful for that place right now. I've just really enjoyed the feel of it. The worship was lovely this morning, and I was thrilled that the fiddle/violin was still there. It's just so lovely to hear while worshipping. The message was good too. Pastor Perrin spoke of how patient God is with us, and how, tho He is, we ought not continue in sin, but turn toward Him and strive for his holiness.... hard work. But he spoke of how the more we continue in our sin, the easier it is for us to tune out to God's voice and the easier it is to fall into rationalizations, like "well, I'm this far in, there's no hope that I can change my ways"..or.."well, I guess this is just part of who I am now.."....thoughts like that are Satan's way of stealing from the kingdom of God. He comes to steal, kill, and destroy. The more of us Satan convinces are unworthy of God's grace, the less the Kingdom can thrive. We aren't worthy, but God is faithful and full of grace and mercy. He gives us many chances to turn around, and follow Him. Not without consequence, but without guilt, and with NO condemnation. I am so thankful. And I look forward to what next Sunday will bring, and I am excited about church, and hope that I will continue to feel that way.

So tired am I tonight. I'm looking forward to no alarm clock in the morning. And to having my little niece, Haley Jane back tomorrow. I've not had her for a few weeks. Hoping we'll all be over our junk so we don't pass it along to anyone else. Here's wishing you all a blessed week. Hug anyone you love and TELL them you love them. Life is just SO short...don't waste it!

No comments: