Sunday, June 17, 2007

HAPPY FATHERS DAY SWEETIE!

First things first. It's Father's Day and I have to say, I feel like I didn't do a good job of it this weekend. I tried. I made Saturday a do-nothing day, tho he mowed the lawn...but I also made his favorite meal and we just had a nice relaxing day. This morning tho, just seemed like we couldn't do anything right. Our checking account prevented us from going out for breakfast this morning, then at church, we listened to a message about Heaven and that sort of a set a mood for missing Jeremy, on top of which my poor husband misses his parents so much right now too, cuz we've not seen them since February. Then we had to go sit in the heat for my niece's birthday party, which didn't go so badly, just not what I would like to do for Dave on his day, you know? I tried to tell him it was okay to go shoot in lieu of the party, but thankfully, he wanted to be with us. Anyhow, though none of the hassles of the weekend were really bad, it just felt like nothing I did was right. We all have those times, and he did keep re-assuring me that it wasn't me, but I felt like it was some me.

So sweetie, if you read this, here's my Father's day tribute to you.

You are the love of my life, you know that. I am so blessed to be your wife. In good times and bad (some REALLY bad, even), we have thrived and fallen more in love. You helped me make two of the cutest kids in the WHOLE world, and challenging as they are sometimes, they are a constant reflection of how much we love each other. We are all well fed, and comfortably sheltered each night because of how hard you work at your job. Even the jobs you've been miserable with, you've plugged along just to know you were taking care of us. For that we are ever so thankful.

Most of all though sweetheart, is that I love how you show our kids how much you love me. I know you think you don't show them much sometimes (cuz sometimes everything we say goes in one ear and out the other, without sinking in), but I know every time you hug me, kiss me, hold my hand, slap me on the hind end, any number of million ways you show me affection will have a GINORMOUS effect on them. Trust me, I missed that a lot, and you know that I still wonder about my parents sometimes. Thank you for that HUGE life lesson that you show them every day without even thinking about it. Thank you for loving me the way you do. I love you so much. Hannah and Spencer love you so much too. Thank you for being our hero and taking such good care of us. Hugs and kisses!

No comments: