Wednesday, June 14, 2006

What a day-Wednesday!

So, today started out pretty normally. Got up, got ready for the day. Met our friend Lillie and we hung out most of the day. It was fun, and we got to see her pictures from her trip to Indonesia to visit her brother and sister-in-law. She saw some amazing things, and barely missed some really scary things, like earthquakes and volcano erruptions. God was protecting them. So anyway, we ended up getting my friend, Lisa's daughter Courtney too. Lisa was not feeling well, and having some numbness and pressure on the right side of her head, so she was going to the ER. They found nothing wrong and sent her home, with a snide comment about, "if it's a tumor, it won't change before you see your regular doctor on Monday." CRAZY! I think my husband would flip if anyone said that to me. Most likely they say it was a migrane without the pain. I hope that is all it was.

My favorite part of today was sharing the news of a very dear friend. She is unofficially engaged. She and her intended are planning a June 2007 wedding and I am helping her with a lot of it, and most excitingly, I have been asked to be the matron of honor. I am SO excited! It's the most exciting thing to me because she is like the most beautiful friend I have, who thinks she's nothing special. She has found a wonderful man, who thinks she is the BOMB. And he is treating her like a princess and I just think it is so cool! She told me about all of this before her mother! That makes me feel so special.

She went with us to dinner, which was fun. We flipped through a bridal magazine while we sat there waiting for our food. However, the kids! Wow! They were a mess tonight. Hannah actually cried because, get this, Spencer got a scrape--and it was worse than hers! I cannot believe she cried about it! THEN she told us that she thought she would have more fun here when she came home from Grandma's. Talked to Grandma tonight and she mentioned that she got to experience for herself that special dose of drama that our daughter is so gifted in. *insert eye roll*

I'm looking forward to a slower day tomorrow. Will have Maddi, but other than that, pretty uneventful. Oh, except for the fact that my sister returns from Florida tomorrow...which means our doggie sitting is ending tomorrow. We've really enjoyed having Belle here. I know the kids will be bummed.

Well, off to bed I go. Three kids keep me busy. Need that extra sleep, and I've already enjoyed a relaxing hot shower. Here's to a good night's sleep.

No comments: