Wednesday, May 23, 2007

And the Idol is.....

Jordan Sparks!
Congratulations!
I think she is amazing and I am really happy for her.

I asked Dave what he thought it would feel like if we were the ones sitting there one day watching one of our kids on a huge stage like that. I felt that way a bit at Hannah's Kindergarten program, but I didn't get to sit up close, and could barely see her the whole time... so I can't imagine what her parent's must be feeling.

Today was a fun day. Spencer and I had the whole day to ourselves. We did visit with Tracy Burton and her little men, Joe and Charlie. Spencer really enjoys playing with Joe. They were born only three days apart... and they get along greatly. Then Spencer and I played a game, and had some lunch here at home. Finally it was time to go get sis from school.

After we got Hannah is when the real excitement of the day began. We headed from school to the grocery, and while waiting at a left turn light, we witnessed a car accident right behind us. Some hot dogging high schooler fish-tailed his stupid little pick-up truck around a corner at a high rate of speed, and basically lost control, hitting the Escalade behind me. A woman and her two children were in the SUV, and thankfully were fine. The kids and I were able to let them take shelter in our van while we awaited the police and the woman's husband. I am thankful that we had an opportunity to serve their family. It was a neat way to make a yucky situation better.

This evening the whole little family headed down to the Katy Trail. We walked for just a little while, and while we walked, we saw many things. Tons of teeny tiny froggies, a little bitty snake, a cave, a spider and it's web, a squirrel that ran across teh trail in front of Hannah on her scooter--giving her a fright... then driving back home we saw a coyote as well. It was a lovey evening. We came home and watched American Idol. It was a really decent night...not too much drama... always some, but not too much tonight.

Tomorrow is Hannah's field day. Should be fun! And tomorrow is also haircut day for me! woohoo!!!! I can't wait for the shape up! I love haircut day! It's one of my favorite things!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

No comments: